Why does Structure Remove Issue from "not Top Level"?

Seb Kouba March 8, 2015

I'm running a filter sync test and it's not working as expected...

Scenario:

Epic
	-User Story 1
User Story 2

US1 is below the Epic, so not top level.

Why would a User Story 1 be removed if it's anywhere but the "top / root level" of the Structure? I expected User Story 2 to get removed, since it's on the top level, where new issues are placed, but not so with User Story 1. That's what I thought the "Remove only from where added issues are placed" means...

Is this a bug or a feature?

Here are my settings:

image2015-3-9 10:16:15.png

I'm on Version 2.1.9

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Eugene Sokhransky _ALM Works_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2015

Hello Seb,

The "Remove only from where added issues are placed" option works together with the "Place added issues as sub-issue of".

It makes the synchronizer ignore the issues, which were either moved from under the issue, where the synchronizer placed them, or were created or added outside of it. If the synchronizer just adds issues to the top level, this feature does not really work. To avoid the confusion perhaps the option should be disabled unless the "Place added issues as sub-issue of" is selected. We'll discuss with the team and I'll update our wiki to reflect this.

If this behaviour stops you from implementing some workflow, let's discuss in more details and we'll try to come up with some solution. Please feel free to send us an email, or create a Support Request in our JIRA.

Kind regards,

Eugene (ALM Works)

0 votes
Seb Kouba March 9, 2015

Hi Eugene,

thanks for the prompt reply. I posted here because I thought other people may have the same question at some point.

Now that I know how the feature works I'll try another approach. If that fails I'll get in touch directly...

Cheers

Suggest an answer