Why does Jira Cloud look totally different to Jira Server?

Nick Gilbert February 16, 2018

Why does Jira Cloud look totally different to Jira Server?

I signed up for a trial of the cloud version but realised that it's pretty slow and I wondered if the self-hosted version would be any quicker.   However the server version looks significantly different and seems to even have a slightly different feature set.

Which version is newer and why are they not more similar in terms of look and feel?

I have already found the official "comparision" docuemnt, but it doesn't answer my questions above.

Version number of server is : 7.7.1 and I can't find a version number on the cloud hosted version.

Thanks,

Nick

1 answer

0 votes
Charly [DEISER]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2018

Hi @Nick Gilbert

Jira cloud is always ahead of Jira server. They will always release new features and styles for cloud first and later for server.

Cheers

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2018

Or possibly not at all, as the products are now diverging.

Server and Data Centre are now starting to get features that will never make it to Cloud.

(There's an essay on why I think this is a bad idea, but it's not for here)

Suggest an answer