Why do stories disappear when moving between projects

Daniel Reyzman February 3, 2020

In using JIRA i have three different projects to serve as what is called a pre-development board. This is where the stories get requirements, grooming, etc to get ready for a developer to take on. Then these stories are transferred from this project to a development board. I have a column in the pre-development board called "ready", it serves a done column. This is where stories move when they are ready for the development board. 

I move the stories using a bulk action. But some of the stories disappear when i transfer them. You can find them if you look specifically for them by typing in the URL, but the stories are not to be found in the backlog or the board. 

I'm trying to understand why this happens. 

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2020

>but the stories are not to be found in the backlog or the board

This would mean that the board you want them on is not selecting them because of something on them.

Look at the board filter, and check how it should be including them.

(Oh, and have a think about not moving issues - that function is not really for day-to-day usage, and if you're moving issues between projects as part of the process, then the process map into Jira is probably incorrect)

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2020

Hello @Daniel Reyzman

Can you share what status these lost stories are in when you reach them via URL? If they are DONE, they might very well not be visible.

Daniel Reyzman February 4, 2020

@Fernando Bordallo They are in a done status in the pre-development board. That means they are "groomed" and then i transfer them to another project, the actual development board. But some appear, actually most appear in backlog and i shift them into a "column" status of sprint backlog. But they keep the "done" from the other project. Some though just disappear from view. 

Suggest an answer