Why do sprints from other projects show up in the Sprint drop-down list when editing an issue?

JamesT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2016

When editing an issue in one project (JIRATRANS), I can use the Sprint drop-down list to pick from the active or future sprints in the "top" section of the list, and from "all sprints" in the bottom section.

However, I'm seeing sprints from other projects (* Sprint 2) in the top of the list:

Clipboard01.jpg

I can't see any issues from this project on any of the boards in those other projects.  What could be causing their sprints to be treated like sprints from this project in this drop-down list?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamesT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2016

It turns out that this is a known issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSW-10854

I thought I had heard that this was recently changed in JIRA, so that only Sprints from the issue's project would show up.  Perhaps I was thinking of Epics?

Anyway, the "Suggested" section at the top of the sprint list is NOT specific to the issue's project's sprints, but merely an algorithm that includes the project's sprints and other "suggestions" (perhaps based on the board's filter, or perhaps other filters that combine multiple projects. 

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2016

What JIRA version do you have? JSW or JA? I have not encountered this issue before, sounds like a permission bug of some sort.

Suggest an answer