Why do some of my tasks not show on my Board?

Jenna M Krier May 1, 2023

I recognize that this is a commonly asked question, but I am tossing this out there in hopes there are some additional possible solutions that I can take gather. 

We are JIRA Cloud Premium. 

There are 2 Work Management Boards with 0 filters where many of the cards in the done category are no longer showing. Now it looks like the team has only completed 3 items (now that it is May). A large number of issues have dropped from the board view and the summary view, but are visible if I look in the ISSUES section. 

I have tried the automation to essentially update the card with a little tweak, but that is not making the issue show again on the board. Any insight on this would be very helpful!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2023

Hello @Jenna M Krier 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

Issues in the "done" columns of a Work Management project board will be automatically hidden when they have been in that status for 14 or more days.

I'm looking for the spot in the documentation that states this. When I find it I'll post the link.

There is a change request about making the time period configurable here: 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JWMCLOUD-19

Jenna M Krier May 2, 2023

Thank you so much. This makes so much more sense now. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events