Why do new tickets show up in a "Backlog" tab and not the "Backlog" column on my Board?

Gregan Dunn May 14, 2021

When I create a new ticket, the ticket does not show up on my board until I go to the "Backlog" tab and drag the ticket from the "Backlog" section up to the "Board" section.

The workflow has this odd step I can't seem to eliminate...

1. When I create a ticket, it doesn't show up in the Backlog column on my board. Rather, it shows up in the "Backlog" of the Backlog tab. This is an unnecessary and annoying step that I'd like to eliminate

backlog.jpg

2. To get the new ticket onto my board in the Backlog column, I have to drag the ticket from the Backlog section in the screenshot above to  the Board section above.

3. My workflow is setup as shown in the screenshot below, the desired behaviour is for the newly created ticket to show up immediately on my board in the backlog column I have on my board. I want to eliminate the step of moving the ticket in the backlog tab described above.

workflow.jpg

4. For reference, this is what my board looks like...

board.jpg

What do I have to change in my board setup/workflow to eliminate this annoying extra step?

Thank you so much for your help!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2021

If I am understanding you correctly, I think you just want to disable the backlog feature on the project - go to the project settings and then the "Features" tab and toggle off the backlog. 

You're just using the statuses and columns as a backlog, so you don't really want an actual backlog where things are hidden until you pull them onto the board.

To put this another way, you're double-backlogging. 

Gregan Dunn May 17, 2021

Double back logging sounds kinda kinky... I definitely want to dial that back. :)

I'll go have a poke around and see if this is the case.

Thanks for the tip!

Like Chris Buzon likes this
Gregan Dunn May 17, 2021

This was it! Thank you so much!!!

Like Chris Buzon likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders