Why do images stop loading on my JIRA Issue?

Patricia Lacayo March 30, 2020

I work with JIRA for artwork requests with the design department, and a couple of times all images uploaded suddenly stop loading. My suspicion is that the issue has too many uploaded images already and it is overloaded, but I had understood that a 2GB upload was the max, per upload. Is it not? Does the issue break after too much back and forth of images are uploaded?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2020

Hello @Patricia Lacayo

Thank you for reaching out.

Indeed, the New issue view of Jira Cloud application fails to load attachments when there are too many of them in the same issue. We have a bug reported about this behavior here:

New issue view fails to load attachments when there are too many attachments 

Feel free to vote and watch the bug to increase its priority and also receive notifications about its fix implementation.

This bug does not reproduce in the old issue view, so in order to ensure you are being impacted by this bug and provide a workaround option for you, can you please try to change back to the old issue view and check if the attachments properly load there? 

To change Jira to the Old UI, you can follow the steps below:

- Click in your profile picture at the left-bottom corner of any Jira page > Settings

- Scroll down to the Jira Labs section and click to turn-off the New issue view

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer