Why do I get the error message "Field 'issueFunction' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it."?

Darrell Bush January 14, 2015

We are using JIRA v6.2.7 with ScriptRunner v2.1.7, and today we are getting the error "Field 'issueFunction' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it.".  This happens for all users we have tested.  We have filters and dashboards using ScriptRunner scripts, and this has been working until today.  To test this, when I try to create a filter, issueFunction is not available, but it is in the list of Custom Fields.

7 answers

0 votes
linusattupp June 4, 2015

When I said I am using "curl" I am using JIRA rest API services with curl.

Anatolijs Tarasovs June 5, 2015

Are you authenticated? Referring to "cannot be viewed by anonymous users." part of the error.

linusattupp June 7, 2015

The JIRA project here is meant to access for all the users and hence anybody can view all the issues inside this project. Also I am able to access all the issue fields anonymously without any issue. It is only when I use this script runner's 'issueFunction' throwing the authentication issue.

0 votes
linusattupp June 4, 2015

Hi Anatolijs,

I am facing this issue as well. As suggested I have made sure the scheme context is set to Global mode.

It didn't solve my issue and keep getting the same error. By the way I am using curl from the command line.

The exact error is, "Field 'issueFunction' does not exist or this field cannot be viewed by anonymous users."

Any help is really appreciated.

0 votes
Anatolijs Tarasovs June 3, 2015

Adding global scheme context to the issueFunction field solved it for us.

issueFunction.png

0 votes
Darrell Bush February 9, 2015

We had made several changes before we saw the problem, when we undid all the changes, the problem went away. We are still trying to find out which of the changes caused the problem.

0 votes
Darrell Bush January 16, 2015

It is working now, as soon as we have a definite answer, I will post that answer here. Something with our field and screen schemes is the root cause.

0 votes
Darrell Bush January 15, 2015

Just saw another entry int the log file: 2015-01-15 13:49:59,728 http-bio-8080-exec-15 ERROR ##### 829x2876x1 148cy93 ###.###.###.159,###.###.###.37 /issues/ [jira.groovy.jql.ScriptedJqlFunction] Function scriptedFunction didn't have a data type, returning Issue. Possibly plugin not started yet

0 votes
Darrell Bush January 15, 2015

This is happening in our test environment, also. I restarted JIRA in the test environment and we still see the error message.

Suggest an answer