Why can't we choose an archived version as "Affected Version"

Use case follows. How do you folks deal with this?

1. I release v1.0 in JIRA which sets it to "Released".
  2. To prevent v1.0 from being chosen on another issue's Fix Version, I move v.1.0 to "Archived".
  3. A few days later, I get a bug reported and determine it is affected in v1.0. But, the dropdown for Affected Version excludes v1.0 (presumably because it's archived). Why? I can see not being able to choose a Fix Version of 1.0, but I ought to be able to choose an archived version as the change set where the issue is discovered....I feel we need an interim state of a version....something like Unreleased, Released, Static, Archived. "Static" or whatever could be used to disallow its use as a fix version, but allow its use as an affected version.

1 answer

0 vote

Don't do point 2 - archiving really is there to stop people choosing it at all.  If it's the version in production, it's not really archived (although you do have a good point that you don't really want to pick it as a a fix version)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

59 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you