Why can't i see my quick filters?

Ariel Ben Abu April 6, 2022

Hi,

I seem to have an issue with quick filters.

I just created a new board and add a bunch of filters by assignee. 

I now need to remove some of these filters but I can't see them in board settings -> quick filters (while i see the same filters in other board's quick filter).

The filters themself are working on the board, they simply don't show in quick filters.
My role is site admin and i'm the owner of the board.

Is this a known issue? what can i do to edit those filters out?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2022

Hello @Ariel Ben Abu 

Welcome to the community.

Can you provide an image of the board showing the filters, and an image of the Quick Filters screen in board settings?

Ariel Ben Abu April 7, 2022

Sure!

These filters are by assignee:

Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 10.30.20.png

And when i check it out in the settings I don't see them.

Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 10.38.19.png

I think it's important to mention: I created that board, I'm it's owner and my role is site admin. In a different board in a different project i have the same filters but they do show in the board settings.

Any idea what the issue might be?

Ariel Ben Abu April 7, 2022

A colleague brought to my attention that the board that shows these filters is from before we migrated to cloud Jira, This could be relevant so i put it out there.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2022

The Quick Filters screen displays Quick Filters you have created. They display as buttons to the right of the area you've specified (see the Only My Issues and Recently Updated buttons).

The Assigned To buttons are filters that are generated automatically by Jira. These will not display in the Quick Filters screen in Board Settings, and you cannot modify those.

Biljana September 5, 2022

Hello @Trudy Claspill ,

I found this question and I think I have a similar issue, but I can't find the answer. I created one board but I can't 'pin' the quick filters to be visible when I switch boards. Currently I have three boards, two of them have the quick filters visible immediately on the top of the boards, but when i switch to the very first one that I've created before we went on Jira cloud, my quick filters are behind the button 'quick fiters' so I always have to click on it for them to show up. How can I resolve this please? 

image.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 5, 2022

Hello @Biljana 

Welcome to the community.

How many Quick Filters do you have defined in the boards where the quick filters are displayed automatically?

I have found that if there are more than 4 Quick Filters defined then they will be collapsed and available only by clicking the Quick Filters button.

Biljana September 6, 2022

Hi @Trudy Claspill , 

Thanks a lot for your reply, yes that makes sense as I have more than 4 Quick Filters. However, in my organization on other projects, there are even more than 4 filters on some boards, but they're never collapsed, they're automatically pinned on the board. So I don't know how to reproduce that.. Do you think it maybe comes with other options, like the advanced one? 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 6, 2022

Hello @Biljana 

Are you working with Jira Cloud or Jira Server/Data Center?

Are you working with Company Managed projects or Team Managed projects? That will be shown in the bottom of the navigation pane on the left. There is different functionality in some cases between boards for Company Managed project and boards for Team Managed projects.

Can you provide a screen image of a board where you have more than 4 filters and they are not collapsed under the Quick Filters button?

Hi Trudy, 

I'm working in Jira Cloud, with Company Managed projects. Unfortunately I can't provide a screenshot as I'm not a part of that instance, I don't know how their projects are managed and what subscription they have, so maybe that's the difference with my projects. 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 6, 2022

Without information about that other instance where there are boards that show more than 4 pinned filters I won't hazard a guess about the differences. I am not aware of anything in the built-in functionality for Jira Cloud that provides an option to pin the Quick Filters where there are more than 4. There may be third party apps that are affecting that for the other instances.

Like Biljana likes this

Yes I think they have some add ons.. Anyway, thank you for your answers ! 

0 votes
Trinadh September 27, 2023

Hi @Trudy Claspill  - In our Jira board when I click Settings > Configure board > I am not seeing Quick filter option. Could you please help what might be the issue?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 27, 2023

Hello @Trinadh 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

Your question (why don't I see the Quick Filters option under Configure Board?) is not the same question as the original post (why don't I see the Quick Filters I have configured on my board?)

Please start a new Question and provide the background information about you scenario such as the hosting type of your Jira instance, the project type with which you are working, and the type of board (scrum or kanban) you are using.

Suggest an answer