Why can't anonymous users see my public dashboards?

Nicolas Anzalone October 29, 2012

I would like anonymous users to be able to see specific dashboards relating to the tickets in the project that they are allowed to modify.

I have shared the dashboard & related filters with "anyone" and have also made our JIRA site "public" as per the following link:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/61060/is-it-possible-to-share-jira-dashboard-wallboard-anonymous-user-not-logged-in-to-jira

It seems like this should be doable - is there something else I'm overlooking?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2012

What are they seeing on the dashboard now? If it is just the issues/statistics that you are missing, have you made those projects browsable by anyone?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2012

I see. I don't think you can share a custom dashboard with anyone. You can however modify the system dashboard and add more gadgets. Can't think of another workaround.

Nicolas Anzalone October 30, 2012

Hi Jobin - thanks for trying to help. They can see the "System Dashboard" just fine. Also they can click on tickets and see details as I would like. They can create tickets, which I also wanted. The piece that is missing is that I would like to be able to create a "custom" dashboard and make it public. I can't seem to make that part work. Hope that clarifies.

Ok. well - it's not the answer I wanted but I guess that answers my question. It's kind of deceptive - when you share a dashboard with "anyone", there is a giant message that says anonymous users will be able to view it.

1 vote
JacoT July 16, 2014

Hi, I have the same problem? Any updates here?

0 votes
Caleb January 30, 2018

Vote for this feature request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-68500

0 votes
MinC
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2012

Does your projects also have been configured to Anyone for Browse Project permission in Permission Scheme?

Hi Min - yes, I did give permissions to Browse Project for Anyone for the project in question. Thanks for the suggestion tho.

Hello Nicolas!, I have the same problem with the visualization of public dashboars, filters, etc, shared with "Everyone". Do you resolve this item?

Best regards.

Suggest an answer