Why can't I add an email address to remail requests?

Sara Nicholson June 6, 2022

I had an error message that said we were not receiving emails from customers because of an invalid request type. The system wouldn't let me edit the request type so I deleted it and now it won't even let me add an email and select any request type. Please help. We rely on emails to a designated inbox to know when we have heard from a customer. 

Thank you!

Sara

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2022

Hey @Sara Nicholson ,

The request types you'll see are ones where you only have the Summary and Description on them and no other mandatory fields.

Otherwise it won't show up in the list to select from in the Email channel.

Hi @Dirk Ronsmans , 

Understood. The problem I am having right now is that I can't even add an email? Nothing on our System>Incoming Mail page has changed. The only thing I did was in the service desk settings I deleted the email/request type that was set up because we had an error that said we weren't receiving incoming comments from customers and when I tried to just edit to select a correct request type it wouldn't allow me to edit it. I then deleted it so I could re-add the whole thing and now it won't let me do even that... 2022-06-06_06h33_28.png

Also, the request type we have set up for this config is "Research" and it has Summary and Description but it also has our customer "call" field required and the comment field required (both of which I have selected answers for and they are hidden fields). This has been the same way we have had it set up before when it was working? 

Well... I just created a new "research" issue type and only have a summary and description on it... now I am able to configure the email... so thank you for that... 

I should be good, thanks for your help in pointing me in the right direction!

Sara

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this

Suggest an answer