Why can I not move this item?

Avi Katzman _MrTinker64_
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 9, 2024

I just moved an item from To-Do to In Progress. Now I am trying to move it from In Progress to Done. I've checked the workflow and other team members have been able to do it just fine. Here is the error message that is popping up. Who is my Jira Admin?Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 6.40.21 AM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Rosenlund _Trundl_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2024

Welcome to the community, @Avi Katzman _MrTinker64_  👋

According to Atlassian, you are the site admin, or you are one of the people with site administration privileges (look to the right of your post).

My best guess is that the project in question is team-managed (vs. company-managed), and the project administrator designated only certain users with the necessary permission to move something to "done." 

And, you were not on that list.

I hope this helps,

-dave

Avi Katzman _MrTinker64_
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 9, 2024

This makes it look like I am the admin. Is it possible the task is for some reason missing required info? Also how do I check if it is team-managed?

Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 7.26.04 AM.png

Thank you for answering my questions!

Avi

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders