Why aren't the Epics showing up in the left panel on my Agile Board? Edited

I have one project and I've created several boards to reflect different teams and phases.  The Epics are populated in the left panel on the first board I created, but the Epic panel is blank on subsequent boards.

I've tried creating Epics from a new board, but I get a message saying it's been created but isn't viewable on my current board.  It does show up on the original board.

2 answers

@Karen Stackhouse, can you provide us more details, please? Some screen shots and the 2 board filters would be a good start.

Filter for board showing Epics:  project = UF ORDER BY Rank ASC

Filter for board not showing Epics:  project = UF AND "Epic Link" in (UF-240, UF-241) ORDER BY Rank ASC

@Karen Stackhouse,you second filter will only show Stories, because the field "Epic Link" is only valid for the issue type Story (if you didn't change this standard).

Copy the first filter to the second board, so that they are equal. then you will see Stories.

@Sebastian Kleinholz

I am having the same issue. I've attached screenshots of two board backlogs located in the same project. They both have multiple projects associated with them (including the project the boards are located within), but one displays epics in the epics tab and the other doesn't. I also have a board located under a different project with one board associated to it, and the epics for that project are showing up. It's just this one board where they aren't showing up.

download-2.pngdownload-4.png

@Stephen Yee, can you post the board filter of the two boards, please? You can find the when you configure your board at the general tab.

Filter for board showing Epics:  project = UF ORDER BY Rank ASC

Filter for board not showing Epics:  project = UF AND "Epic Link" in (UF-240, UF-241) ORDER BY Rank ASC

The graphic Stephen posted looks the same as my Jira project.

@Sebastian Kleinholz

Clients names/abbreviations blurred for confidentiality:

Board showing epics

Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 10.31.11 AM.png

Board not showing epics

Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 10.31.00 AM.png

@Karen Stackhouse, you second filter will only show Stories, because the field "Epic Link" is only valid for the issue type Story (if you didn't change this standard).

Copy the first filter to the second board, so that they are equal. then you will see Stories.

@Stephen Yee, seems to be the same problem with your filters. With the JQL you excluded Stories.

Best you copy your JQL to the "Search for Issue" field, and check if any issues are returned.

search_for_issues.png

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,760 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot