Why are two gadgets that are using the same filter not giving the same data?

nrasmuson May 2, 2023

Hello,

I have a dashboard where I'm trying to show filter results using a gadget and then showing the same results using a pie chart with the pie chart keying on the Component field. I'm using the same filter on both the Filter Results gadget and the Pie Results gadget. But yet, it seems the Pie Chart gadget isn't picking up all that the Filter Results gadget is. 

The filter is:

project = "Maintenance / Unplanned Work" and sprint = 190 and status = Done

So I'm filtering on a project by a specific sprint with status equal to Done. 

Screenshot 2023-05-02 135737.png

The two gadgets above are using the same filter, and yet, when I do the pie chart by component it isn't pulling in everything that the filter results gadget is. My my question is, why am I not getting the same results in each filter? 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2023

Hello @nrasmuson 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

Please tell us specifically how the results of the two gadgets are different.

The pie chart appears to be selecting 25 issues, recognizing that 14 issues have the Unplanned Work component, 3 have the Maintenance component, and 8 have no component value at all.

We can't see how many issues total are selected in the Filter Results gadget, nor the Component values for all the issues in the list.

0 votes
nrasmuson May 2, 2023

I realized my problem. I was trying to take a leap that wasn't there. I was thinking in my head that the pie chart would sum the story points, but it is just gathering how many of each component there were. Just a mistake on my part. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events