Why are some notifications not generated whilst others are?

Adam Sterrie April 6, 2018

This applies to all our projects in Jira (7.6). Starting from a  couple of weeks ago, some types of notifications stopped working. We no longer receive emails about re-assignment (i.e. the new assignee is not emailed) nor does anyone mentioned in a comment receive an email. The notification schemes are fine and I "reset" one to make sure but no joy. Globally, no-one receives an email for their own changes. We began in a very small way to install and trial Jira Service Desk (JSD) but it's notification restrictions are not over-spilling into Jira. The email server is working fine. The problem seems to be at the stage when Jira applies rules to determine who should receive a notification and who should not. It's not intermittent so insufficient JVM memory or deadlocks do not seem to be the likely cause. If I set my personal preference to receive notifications about my own changes, I get them! However, I don't get any other notifications from any other events. We haven't installed any Add-On recently and although we are using evaluation licenses, that does not limit functionality.

Any ideas what could be causing this and what can be done to fix it?

Thanks in advance,

Adam

1 answer

0 votes
Deleted user April 6, 2018

Hi @Adam Sterrie,

Have you contacted Atlassian Support about your issue?

Hope this helps

Adam Sterrie April 19, 2018

The main problem was solved by "anonymous intervention" in the other office, but a key user still received no emails. That last user's problem was eventually solved when we discovered that their email address in the internal Jira directory was misspelt!
Emails started flowing once this was fixed.
Now I have a new problem: identify all users in the internal Jira directory (instead of AD) and replace them with their AD user accounts!!!

Suggest an answer