Why are my tables having more columns than I intend to have?

Haikal Aris December 12, 2019

Hi there,

I have been using this template (see below) to create some of my tickets. It has been working fine until recently.

||*Summary*||
| |

||*Scope*||
| |

||*Acceptance Criteria*||
|{color:#00b8d9}Given{color} text
{color:#00b8d9}When{color} text
{color:#00b8d9}Then{color} text |

||*Negative Acceptance*||
| {color:#00b8d9}Given{color} text
{color:#00b8d9}When{color} text
{color:#00b8d9}Then{color} text|

||*Assumptions*||
| |

||*Dependencies*||
| |

||*PO Notes*||
| |

||*Development Notes*||
| |

||*QA Notes*||
| |

||*API Test Notes*||
| |

||*UI Notes*||
| |

The issue is that the tables are generating more columns that I intend to have. From the template below, you can see that I am expecting only one column for each table when creating a new issue. However, once the issue has been created, there are two columns created. Is there anything that I missed?

12345.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 16, 2019

Hello @Haikal Aris

Thank you for reaching out.

Indeed, the behavior you are facing is related to a bug in the new issue view, where it adds an extra column when converting single-column tables from the old issue view:

New issue view does not render single column tables properly 

Feel free to vote and watch the bug to receive notifications about its fix implementation.

For now, you can recreate the board with the new issue view or keep using the old issue view to properly display the boards as you need. To turn the new issue view off, click in your profile picture at the bottom-left corner > Settings > Turn off the new issue view.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer