Why are issues with subtasks placed above the normal columns?

Max Waterman December 19, 2019

I find it annoying that issues for which I have created sub-tasks are placed above the regular columns titled 'other issues'.

I've become used to having issues in my 'TO DO' column, and moving them into my 'IN PROGRESS' column, etc and seeing their progress from left to right on my screen as the sprint progresses. If I create a sub-task when I need someone else to do something, then the issue is moved to a row all of its own, and I can't see that same progress with my own issue. It doesn't seem right, but I'm sure I'm simply missing the point, or doing it wrong(ly).

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2019

Hi @Max Waterman 

I'm assuming that you have your swimlanes set to Stories, which is causing this view.

Go to Board settings and then choose the Swimlanes menu item. Click on the dropdown and change it to Queries, but don't add any queries - see if that is better for you.

Max Waterman December 19, 2019

I had trouble finding 'Board settings', but once I had that I managed to change it as described.

On the face of it, yes, that looks better...I'll see how it works longer term.

Thanks!

Celine Hau August 29, 2023

awesome, good enough solution thanks!!

Suggest an answer