Why are issues shown in the Active Sprint that have a different sprint field value?

Fritz Lange June 7, 2022

Hello everyone,

for me it seems like a bug where the sprint assignment is not working correctly.

The issues are sorted correctly in the Backlog.

But there are issues from other sprints in the Active Sprint. It is also impossible to move them to another sprint...

Jira Bug 1.png

Jira Bug.png

Does anyone else have this problem or knows a solution?
I am thankful for any help.

Best regards,

Fritz

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

There is no problem in the displays here, the sprint field simply records the sprints that the issue has been in.

There could be a problem with your "cannot move them to another sprint".  What exactly do you see when you try to move an issue from one sprint to another?  

Jira won't let you move issues out of an active sprint in some places, because it's absolutley the wrong thing to do - it destroys all your sprint reporting and makes a nonsense of what Scrum is for.

Fritz Lange June 7, 2022

Thank you for your prompt reply!

When I set the sprint field value to the next sprint it is shown correctly in the issue card, but the issue is not moved out of the sprint (as you can see in the screenshot) and there is no popup warning like: "You are about to change the scope of the sprint".

I am not even trying to change the scope of the sprint - the issue was sorted correctly in the backlog before the active sprint was started, but the issue was nevertheless pulled into the sprint. - Which is exactly the problem that I am facing...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

You don't get a warning when you edit the sprint field because you're not changing the scope when you do it.  You're telling Jira to include the issue in another sprint, not removing it from the current active sprint.

Like Fritz Lange likes this
Fritz Lange June 7, 2022

Ah, ok. But how to remove it from the current (or any other) sprint?

If I delete the sprint field value the field becomes empty, but the issue remains in the sprint.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events