Why are custom workflow statuses not displaying as "Status" options when building a filter?

Ben McPhee February 1, 2018

I have created a workflow for a particular project--and it is working as expected--with several custom statuses, all available for selection on the appropriate issue types.

When I go to create a filter, however, the system does not find / display all of the possible Epic statuses that exist in the workflow. 

Why are they not being found / how can I get them to display so that I can create filters / dashboards based on different status values?

2 answers

0 votes
Ben McPhee February 2, 2018

Sure. 

I am trying to build a filter, and the Status (in this case) that I want to capture is "Backlog"; that is one of the key Statuses in my workflow for Epics.

So here is an Epic that has had its Status changed based on what is available in the workflow:

Status Update Steps.png

And here is what happens when I now try to create a filter to show me Epics that have the Status = Backlog:

Backlog Not Found.png

Here is the workflow diagram, as requested:

Workflow screenshot.png

Em September 18, 2019

Did anyone solve this? I'm also having this issue :(

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2018

Your custom status are not treated any differently to the off-the-shelf status you get from the project templates or default Jira workflow.

When you say "the system does not find ... status", could you explain the exact behaviour?  Where is it not showing?  Can you show us a workflow diagram that uses it?

Suggest an answer