It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why are StepDescriptors of an all-to-all workflow returning empty lists for getActions()? Edited

JIRA Server v7.2.3

I've written a transition utility that recently started failing when dealing with an all-to-all workflow (all Steps can transition to all Steps in the workflow, including itself). After debugging, I found that 'StepDescriptor.getActions()' returns an empty list for any StepDescriptor in the all-to-all. I'd expect to see a transition for every Step in the workflow, any reason why the API returns an empty list?

I'll also note that 'JiraWorkflow.getActionsWithResultStepDescriptor()' correctly provides the expected transition, as does the REST API via 'GET /rest/api/2/issue/{issueIdOrKey}/transitions'.

1 answer

Hi Nathan,

I still have the same question and the only thing I could find that would return all-to-all transitions (on top of normal regular transitions) is IssueWorkflowManager (https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/8.4.3/com/atlassian/jira/workflow/IssueWorkflowManager.html).

If you use this code in the ScriptRunner script console (server), you can test it yourself:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.workflow.IssueWorkflowManager

def issueWFMngr = ComponentAccessor.getComponentOfType(IssueWorkflowManager.class)
def currentIssue = ComponentAccessor.issueManager.getIssueByCurrentKey("KS-1") // your issue key here instead of KS-1
def currentUser = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser()
def trueAvailableActions = issueWFMngr.getAvailableActions(currentIssue, currentUser)

return "Available actions/transitions: ${trueAvailableActions.collect {it.name + ': '+ it.id}}"

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you