Why am I unable to set the 'jira.issue.editable' property to false and use a post function?

Sam Robertson July 26, 2017

I'm trying to accomplish two things here:

1.) On the transitions to the end states, I would like the resolution to be set to 'Done'

2.) When an issue is an end state, I would like all fields to no longer be editable.

I can accomplish both of these things seperately, but I am running into an issue when trying to execute them together. I have given each end state the property 'jira.issue.editable' and set it to false. Alone, this works just as expected. As soon as the issue enters one of those states, the fields are locked and no longer editable. However, when I add in the post-function on the transitions to those status that changes the value of "Resolution" to Done, then the fields remain editable in those states. The resolution is successfully changed to Done though.

Anyone seen this before? Any ideas?

1 answer

2 votes
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2017

Hi Sam,

I haven't seen this before, but I'll try to help you until someone who has comes along.  :)

First, make sure your "jira.issue.editable" property is set on the step, not on the transition.

Next, try moving your post function up in the list.

Let me know if either of these things improves your situation.  This sounds like a common need for others.  I'm sure we can figure it out.

Rachel Wright

Sam Robertson July 27, 2017

Hi Rachel,

Appreciate your response. I can confirm the property is set on the step and not the transition.

Additionally, I did experiment with the post function priority. I placed it first on the list and also last. Unfortunately, this didn't resolve the issue. However, I discovered the issue isn't exactly as I originally described it.

Immediately after I transition the issue to the final stage, I can still edit the fields, which is the action I want to prevent. But as soon as I refresh the page or navigate away from and then back to the issue, the fields are locked.

I tested this with another step property, "jira.permission.edit.group" and confirmed the same behavior is occuring. It successfully locks editing down to the specified group when in a certain state, but only after the page is reloaded.

Is this expected or known behaivor? 

Like Barış Kılıç likes this
Barış Kılıç August 16, 2021

Updating the property in the step worked. Thank you @Rachel Wright 

Suggest an answer