Why am I unable to assign stories to my developers?

Stephanie November 30, 2022

I recently had 4 new devs join my development team. One is a full time employee and the 3 others are contractors. All 4 submitted tickets to get Jira access and are all able to login and view our teams Kanban board. However only the Full time employee is able to be assigned tickets. What needs to happen in order to get my 3 new members the ability to have stories assigned to them? 

1 answer

3 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2022

Hi @Stephanie , welcome to the community.

You need to check the permissions for these individuals. If you are using a company managed project, then go to project settings/permissions. Check the assignable user permission to understand what roles/groups apply then ensure the users are in one of those roles/groups. Note, you want to peruse all permissions to make sure that these users have the access that they need and not just the assignable user permission. If you are in a team managed project, then they simply need to be a member of the project. This is configured under project settings/access. However, based on what you have posted I suspect you are on a CMP project.

Suggest an answer