Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Why I am not able to view the Workload by assignee in the Team managed project on Jira cloud?

I am Project Manager and I am looking for "workload by assignee" in my project. I have a "story point estimate" field in my tickets but I want to plan based on the estimates of how my team has a bandwidth of taking new work based on the estimates provided by them.

Note : The project is "Team Managed Project"

2 answers

Can someone from @Atlassian help me out on the request I have posted above

Hi @Suyash Kalyankar

welcome to the community!

Hm, it seems like the "Workload by assignee" feature is not (yet?) available for team-managed projects.

It still is for company-managed projects, though.

@Suyash Kalyankar, just as an idea: If you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you might want to try JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing and inline-editing all your issue fields, including, of course, the "assignee" and "story point estimate" fields.

You can also group your issues by any field (or multiple fields) - such as the sprint and the assignee - and calculate "sum-ups" across these groupings.

JXL works for any project type, company-managed or team-managed.

This is how it looks in action:

estimates-by-assignee.gif

I acknowledge that this isn't a full "replacement" of the backlog view, but it could give you a good indication of every team member's workload. Disclaimer: I work on JXL :)

Hope this helps,

Best,

Hannes

@Hannes Obweger - Fine Software - JXL 

Thanks for reaching out, but I need only to check the Story point estimate, and the bandwidth team has left for a particular sprint.

Your product or extension would be great but this is not what I am looking for.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you