Why I am not able to view the Workload by assignee in the Team managed project on Jira cloud?

Suyash Kalyankar May 23, 2022

I am Project Manager and I am looking for "workload by assignee" in my project. I have a "story point estimate" field in my tickets but I want to plan based on the estimates of how my team has a bandwidth of taking new work based on the estimates provided by them.

Note : The project is "Team Managed Project"

2 answers

0 votes
Suyash Kalyankar May 25, 2022

Can someone from @Atlassian help me out on the request I have posted above

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 23, 2022

Hi @Suyash Kalyankar

welcome to the community!

Hm, it seems like the "Workload by assignee" feature is not (yet?) available for team-managed projects.

It still is for company-managed projects, though.

Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 23, 2022

@Suyash Kalyankar, just as an idea: If you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you might want to try JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing and inline-editing all your issue fields, including, of course, the "assignee" and "story point estimate" fields.

You can also group your issues by any field (or multiple fields) - such as the sprint and the assignee - and calculate "sum-ups" across these groupings.

JXL works for any project type, company-managed or team-managed.

This is how it looks in action:

estimates-by-assignee.gif

I acknowledge that this isn't a full "replacement" of the backlog view, but it could give you a good indication of every team member's workload. Disclaimer: I work on JXL :)

Hope this helps,

Best,

Hannes

Suyash Kalyankar May 23, 2022

@Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira 

Thanks for reaching out, but I need only to check the Story point estimate, and the bandwidth team has left for a particular sprint.

Your product or extension would be great but this is not what I am looking for.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events