Who's changing priorities on Kanban board

Kyle Fogg April 15, 2021

We have a Kanban board that my manager sets the priority of the items for.  However, someone keeps changing the priorities and we're not sure who.  Looking around it appears you cannot make the Kanban board Read-only for everyone else, from what I can tell.  So, if we could find out who else is reprioritizing issues we could address that with them.  Any thoughts or solutions to similar problems other have experienced?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2021

Hi, @Kyle Fogg !

Welcome to the Community, glad to see you here!

If I correctly understand, you are talking about ranking on board? (Rank an issue )

Ranking has a global context, so someone can ranking issues on another boards, that affects you board's ranking.

Like told here

• Jira Software automatically creates a custom field called Rank, of type Global Rank. Please ensure that your Jira instance contains only one custom field called Rank, and that the Rank field is assigned to the global context (i.e. not to specific issues or projects).
  • When ranking is enabled for Scrum projects, you can:
    • move issues from your Scrum backlog to relevant sprint sections
    • rank issues within currently active sprints and sprints being planned out
  • When ranking is enabled for Kanban projects, you can: 
    • move issues from your Kanban backlog to your work-in-progress section
    • rank issues within your Kanban board and the work-in-progress section in your Kanban backlog
  • When using a ranking setting other than ORDER BY Rank ASC, and moving issues from the backlog to relevant sections, the issues are automatically ranked based on the filter query of your board.
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2021

To find out who this guy is, you should open an issue that has been re-renking or re-prioritized and open the history tab.
There you can see the name of the actor.

Like Kyle Fogg likes this
Kyle Fogg April 16, 2021

Thanks for the reply!

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 19, 2021

@Kyle Fogg , have you resolved your problem?

Suggest an answer