Who is shown in the list of reporters?

Hi,

when editing an issue and the Reporter field appears I want to know what users are shown in that list.

Is there a filter on users or all users from the system?

Is there a way I can restrict that list?

thanks

1 answer

1 vote

Anyone who has the permission to create issues in that project.

Hi,

hmm... ok... but If I have the permission to modify the reporter I can set as reporter users without the Create Permission. Is this correct?

No, it's valid reporters.

hmm... I am running JIRA 7.1.9... I have defined a single user with Create Permission. When I create a ticket I can setup as Reporter other users who DO NOT HAVE the Create Issue Permission.

Is this a bug or normal behavior?

thanks

mmm, not sure, it's been a while since I looked at this and it may well have changed.  I wouldn't be surprised if the implementation is to allow any active user to be set, as there are cases where it's a valid thing to do.

is this somewhere stated in the documentation? Can you please confirm that this is actually the case?

a valid case would be: I move an issue from project A to project B and the reporter of the issue does not have the Create Issue permission in project B.

JIRA does allow you to move an issue from a project and keep the reporter, who is not a valid reporter in the new project. Same thing with assignee. More info at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-34148 about why this allowed

so the answer to my question as to whom is shown in the reporter field is: any user from the user base!

is this correct?

I know its been a while, but it really looks like complete active user base is shown in reporter field.

Is really noone bothered with that? We have big teams and in some cases we don't want to have external users shown to all. Is there a way to limit/filter the reporter field?

It's the same answer as given 2 years ago - check the permissions.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Mission-critical battery manufacturer fulfills FAA software requirements with Commit Policy Plugin

EaglePicher Technologies is a leading manufacturer of battery systems for diverse industries like defense, aviation, space or medical. As they operate in highly regulated industries, keeping a clear ...

181 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you