Who created a component?

Vishal Biyani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2023

I have multiple project admins in my project. Is there any logs from which it can be found out who created a particular component?

4 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2023

Hi @Vishal Biyani , thanks for your question.

Do you know approximately when the Component was created? If so, you can check the audit log, which should be available at https://yourjira.atlassian.net/auditing/view

image.png

There is a text search box at the top of the page, so you can even search by the name of the Component.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2023

Hello @Vishal Biyani ,

I hope you are doing well!!

View the audit log

1. Choose > System.
  2. Choose Audit Log.

Component.PNG

Note: You need to have Jira Administrator global permissions.

For more information you may please have a look at Audit activities in Jira applications.

Regards,
Mayur

0 votes
Vishal Biyani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2023

Thanks Everyone for the response. I had checked in audit log and didn't find what i was looking for. Post your responses i checked and found the audit logs were set to retain for 3 months data only :-(. 

Danny
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 19, 2023

That is a shame @Vishal Biyani 

Danny
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 19, 2023

Does it bring into question the number of users with project administration permissions on a particular project within your Jira instance? 

Vishal Biyani
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 19, 2023

Yeah. JIRA Cloud retaining audit logs for just 3 months is on the lower side in my opinion.

Now that i know, Audit logs are removed, will use  REST API https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-audit-records/#api-rest-api-3-auditing-record-get to store them locally so that in future i have the required data available for my reference

0 votes
Danny
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 19, 2023

Hi @Vishal Biyani

Yes, Jira Cloud has a system audit log which can be found under the system setting in the top-right corner of the screen, just select the Cog icon > System > Audit log.

From there you can look up the component that was created. 

Hope that helps,

Danny

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events