Which event is Jira supposed to fire?

Matis Aas December 2, 2022

Hello,

My question is very easy. We have a workflow transition from 1 status to another. There's a transition screen configured there (assigning the issue and some custom fields are on that screen) + a post-function is configured to fire a Generic Event. If we change the assignee during the transition, does Jira fire a Issue Updated or Issue Assigned event?
The reason why I'm asking this is that 1 of our custom solutions has started to act different. It somehow now catches this event as Issue Assigned, however I am pretty sure it's always been Issue Updated. We have a listener that catches Issue Assigned event separately and now this messes up our whole logic.

Best regards,
Matis

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2022

It used to be that a transition would only fire the post-function event (generic event in your case), but now changes all fire all of the events - you should be able to see a bundle of issue-assigned, issue-updated, and generic-event from your transition.

Matis Aas December 3, 2022

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- ,

Thank you!

Suggest an answer