Which OAuth method to use

MarittyaKeu November 30, 2018

I'm trying to implement a login authentication process, but I'm unsure whether to use OAuth 1.0, OAuth 2.0, or if it is even possible.

It is a non-browser application with no redirects. I have looked online but can't seem to find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2018

Hi Marittya,

With regards which to use, I would suggest using Oauth 2.0 for more security/functionality(from what I have read).

However with the above, the only solution I have gotten to work for a non browser application was based on Oauth 1.0. This is the link: https://medium.com/mibexsoftware/how-to-use-oauth-with-atlassian-products-c0f357ae91eb

• Needed this for some part and it is the official atlassian guide.

You are getting a token from using python which hopefully you are using for your application else you would need to rewrite the python script in the language of your application and make sure you include all the dependencies.

Note the age of the document so expect a lot of changes which you would need Google search to fix.

Hope it helps.

Suggest an answer