Where is the + icon

Cliff Trapp
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 16, 2020

I am taking the tutorials which show a + icon for adding new issues.
But I don't have the + icon. I have a different view. Is this because my software version is newer or is it because I have (somehow) modified my default view? I have "Add item" but I don't have the "+" icon.

Question 2: The tutorials state that I can create a JQL query to create filter on priority=blocked but that is not a good priority, i.e., it does not exist. How can I create different values for the priority field so I can add values such as "blocked", "critical", "major", etc. ?
The values I have are highest to lowest, that is all.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2020

Hi @Cliff Trapp  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Sounds like an older view for creating a new issue.  On the top navigation bar, you can select Create.  When viewing a specific item that can have sub-tasks, you use the context-menu under the ...  (ellipses) on the right side of the page.  On some views, after you add the first sub-task or link, a plus icon to add more becomes visible.

To add/manage priority values, please review this documentation:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-statuses-resolutions-and-priorities-776636333.html

Best regards,

Bill

Cliff Trapp
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 16, 2020

Very nice answer, completely correct. THANKS

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders