Where is the bug issue type?

Mackie Mathew September 28, 2015

I have just got a trial JIRA cloud instance. I have used JIRA before a couple of years back. I created projects and users. But, I can't figure out where the "bug" issue type is in JIRA now? There's only task, sub task and epic.

How do I create a bug in JIRA cloud?

2 answers

0 votes
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2015

Hi Mackie,

JIRA doesn't have default issue types any more.
Issue types are now created when Projects are created.
Bug issue type is created when a Software project is created and that project type is available with JIRA Agile.

You can create your own issue types and associate them on a Workflow Scheme for having bugs, features and other issue types associated to your projects.

Here is more on Associating Issue Types with Projects

Cheers

0 votes
Taha Khanzada
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2015

Hi Mackie,

Issue Type is Controlled through Issue Type Scheme. May be template you selected for new project only contains Task, sub-task and Epic. Edit Issue Type Scheme and add issue type called Bug to it then you will be able to create Bug issue in JIRA.

Taha

Suggest an answer