Where did "More > Attach Screenshot" go for adding screenshots to tickets?

Bryson Allen January 4, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Attaching files and screenshots to issues

How do we add screenshots to our tickets now? Why was this feature removed?

Thanks,

Bryson

4 answers

1 vote
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2016

The feature was not removed, only the menu item was removed.  If you paste image data into the ticket, you should still get the dialog box.  It would have been nice if they left the menu in for a few months to let people know easier what had happened... oh well.  More information here:

What happened to the "Attach screenshot" feature

0 votes
Bryson Allen January 5, 2016

Yes, would have been nice to get a heads up on this change but i am happy to have the crew up and running again.

Thanks! 

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2016

I can certainly still see the facility to add attachments on JIRA Cloud. Here are the details of my version 

image2016-1-5 9:19:20.png

If your version is similar then you should still have the permission to add attachments. I would check to make sure that the permission scheme in use on your projects still has the correct entries for you to be able to add/delete attachments. If these have been correctly defined with user roles you should also check that you are in the correct roles for the project.

Hope this helps

Phill

0 votes
RJ MILIND January 4, 2016

Have you Tried JIRA Capture ? Use this.. with this you can edit that screen shot also.

Suggest an answer