Where can I get JIRA ip address & port details?

SAKINAH BINTI MOHD AZAM September 4, 2019

Hi, my team trying to integrate JIRA with devplus/mastercraft. Where can I get the following detail:

- JIRA Ip

-Ports Detail

4 answers

2 votes
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2019

Your question is not clear.

• If you are on server instance (IP and port depend upon Jira Base URL, i.e. url you use to access Jira),
    • If you have port number in Jira Base URL (e.g. http://jira.example.com:8080)
      • Base URL without port number is IP (i.e. jira.example.com) , and
      • Port number defined in Base URL is port number (i.e. 8080).
    • If you don't have port number in Jira Base URL
  • If you are using Jira cloud,
    • Your site address is IP (i.e. <SITE_NAME>.atlassian.net)
    • Port is default HTTPS port i.e. 443

If you are looking for way to find IP and PORT in your Java plugin,

ComponentAccessor.getApplicationProperties()
.getString(APKeys.JIRA_BASEURL) // this will give jira's base url you can extract info from this

If you are looking for way to find SITE url in Jira Cloud plugin,

• It is passed as query parameter with name 'xdm_e' to every url that Jira cloud site access from your service.
0 votes
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2019

Hi,

If you need to find IP address of any machine you can find it through IP Resolve name command.  

jegadeeswaran.s November 27, 2019

How to use that one ?

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2019

The command is,

ifconfig
or
ipconfig
Like Fahad Siddiqui likes this
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2019

@DPKJ  congrats Sir now you are community leader, happy to know about this.

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2019

Thannks @Fahad Siddiqui  , with consistency you can also become leader, there are lots of questions in community that you can answer look of them, and be consistent.

Like Fahad Siddiqui likes this
Yunshu Xie
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 29, 2023

@DPKJ ,looking for your help,I want to integer jira with IDEA,how can I get the serve URL when I use jira website?

0 votes
Mihai Schwarz
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2019

@SAKINAH BINTI MOHD AZAM If you are an JIRA Administrator and you want to find out informations about your JIRA instance go to the cog wheel -> System -> System Info.

You will be able to find all the information you need.

0 votes
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2019

Are you hosting a server instance of Jira or is it cloud based?

jegadeeswaran.s December 2, 2019

Im using a cloud

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2019

If you are using cloud, take a look at my first response on 04 September.

Your IP is - <YOUR_SITE_NAME>.atlassian.net, and

you port is - 443 (as Jira cloud work with https protocol)

@DPKJJ, My domain team asking Private IP of this, as per my understanding this URL IP is Public right...How do I get that one ? ... Or else help me to create a new Email handler.

Thanks.

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2019

@jegadeeswaran.s  Jira on Cloud is hosted on Atlassian's network so you won't get a private IP ( Private IP is only valid for items that you have hosted in your private network)

On Email Handler, do share this documentation yo your Domain Team - https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/creating-issues-and-comments-from-email-779288896.html

it explains all the details of Jira Mail Handler.

@DPKJ  First tried with this one only, I need a private IP of my URL or else any alternate solution. Hope you will help me on this ...i need to create tickets from based on the Receiver Address: jira@example.com

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2019

@jegadeeswaran.s  I think I am not able to explain this clearly.

Can you create separate question, I will ask Atlassian Team, and other community leaders to help you.

Please provide link to separate question in this post.

Suggest an answer