Where can I find out what the JIRA Core version is in each Service Desk version?

Ken Niebauer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 10, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: JIRA Service Desk 3.1.x Release Notes

I would like to know what the core JIRA version is for each of the Servcie Desk versions - is there a table somewhere that lists that?

Or to ask another way - on the Service Desk download page - where can I find what the core version of JIRA is for each version of Service Desk.

Thank you - 

2 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2016

So, to take another stab at this – 

JIRA Service Desk does not include JIRA Core. JIRA Service Desk and JIRA Core are separate applications built on the JIRA Platform.

I do not believe we know what the versioning of the "JIRA Platform" is. Maybe I'm off base here, I'm not sure there's a clear resource to answer this question.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2016

You should click onimage2016-6-10 10:0:6.pngAdministration and then Applications.

From there you can make sure you're on the Versions & Licenses tab and you should see the version for JIRA Core, and Service Desk or Software if you have those installed.

image2016-6-10 10:5:6.png

Ken Niebauer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 10, 2016

I guess I didn't ask my question good enough - on the Service Desk download page - where can I find what the core version of JIRA is for each version of Service Desk.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2016

Sorry! That I do not not know offhand. 

Suggest an answer