It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Where Do We Find Advanced Search Query Details?

From the advanced query reference document:

Search for issues that have a particular status. You can search by status name or status ID (i.e. the number that Jira automatically allocates to a status).

It is safer to search by status ID than status name. It is possible for your Jira administrator to change the name of a status, which could break any saved filter that rely on that name. Status IDs, however, are unique and cannot be changed.

Fantastic. How do I write a query using status ID? Where do I find these ID values? Where is the documentation detailing the Status ID values?  e.g. 1 = Open; 2 = Closed; etc.

1 answer

0 votes

Hello David,

Welcome to Atlassian Community.

There are two ways to identify the ID of a specific status in JIRA Cloud application:

1 - Use the issue history

- Navigate to an issue that has already transitioned to the status you want to know the ID

- Click to see the issue in the old view

Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 17.43.21.png

- In the history of the issue (tab All), the status will appear between square brackets on the right side of the status:

Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 17.39.25.png

2 - Use the status menu of JIRA

- Navigate to Jira Settings > Issues > Statuses

- In the statuses you would like to know the id, right-click in the Edit field and open it in a new tab:

Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 17.37.44.png

- The id will appear in the URL

Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 17.38.03.png 

Let us know if this information helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you