From the advanced query reference document:
Search for issues that have a particular status. You can search by status name or status ID (i.e. the number that Jira automatically allocates to a status).
It is safer to search by status ID than status name. It is possible for your Jira administrator to change the name of a status, which could break any saved filter that rely on that name. Status IDs, however, are unique and cannot be changed.
Fantastic. How do I write a query using status ID? Where do I find these ID values? Where is the documentation detailing the Status ID values? e.g. 1 = Open; 2 = Closed; etc.
Welcome to Atlassian Community.
There are two ways to identify the ID of a specific status in JIRA Cloud application:
1 - Use the issue history
- Navigate to an issue that has already transitioned to the status you want to know the ID
- Click to see the issue in the old view
- In the history of the issue (tab All), the status will appear between square brackets on the right side of the status:
2 - Use the status menu of JIRA
- Navigate to Jira Settings > Issues > Statuses
- In the statuses you would like to know the id, right-click in the Edit field and open it in a new tab:
- The id will appear in the URL
Let us know if this information helps.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event