When viewing a Jira ticket, how can I tell whether it is in the backlog or on the board?

Phil Haselden August 13, 2019

This is in a Next-gen project. We are not using sprints. 

Also, when searching, is there a column which can show me whether the ticket is in the backlog/board?

2 answers

0 votes
Dwight Pfundstein September 4, 2019

You may want to enable Sprints;  Create a Sprint; Drag items into the Sprint. Then you can view the Board.  These will be the items you want people to work on. Drag items to the "In Progress" status. It is "in Progress" items that your people are assigned to and actively working on.

Items in the Backlog will still have the "To Do" Status

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2019

Hi @Phil Haselden ,

I think you can try to enable Backlog in the next-gen project.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/backlog-946603732.html

TIM截图20190814154803.png

Phil Haselden August 14, 2019

Thanks for the reply Ollie. 

We already have the Backlog turned on.

My issue is, that when viewing the details of, say, a bug, there is a Status value which says, for example, "To Do", but I can't see any way to determine whether the item is currently in the Backlog or on the Board. A couple of our Developers have started working on items because they have seen the status To Do, not realizing that the item is in the Backlog and not on the Board. 

We are new to Jira - perhaps we are doing things incorrectly.

Jason Burdey December 1, 2021

I would also like to know how to do this or if JIRA is going to add this functionality at some point. 

Viewing tickets in the Roadmap or looking directly at the ticket itself doesn't show whether the ticket(s) are in the backlog or on the board. It only shows the status. 

victor.pineda January 3, 2022

+1. If I open the details of a ticket, how can I tell in which board/sprint is located?

Paula Levin May 31, 2022

+1

Suggest an answer