When updating a custom field (text) can it automatically add as a comment as well?

Sean Milford February 10, 2015

I have a custom field called "Summary & Highlights" and I have asked people to copy and paste this into a new comment however they often forget and when the field is then updated a week later the history is lost.

I would like to be able to take the latest version of the custom field when edited and create a new comment and tagged as the person who made the edit. Is it possible and how?

Thank you for the help!

2 answers

0 votes
Sean Milford February 11, 2015

Thanks Nic for your reply. Prob is the default view is "Comments" and so people do not look at history which is additionally harder to read (until you get your head around).

Unfortunately looks like this is not available for cloud from your comments anyway.

If anybody has a good suggestion also happy to hear it.

Thanks,

Sean

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2015

This is just duplicating what JIRA automatically writes into the issue history, you don't need it.

You can't do it on cloud either, it requires some scripting or code that you can't do on Cloud.

Suggest an answer