When trying to run the groovy builtin merge users script I now get an error.

Jasen Sparacino July 9, 2014

This did work in 5.X but now after moving to 6.2.5 it doesn't. I am using Version: 2.1.17 of the plugin and here is the error.

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: com.atlassian.jira.issue.search.CachingSearchRequestStore.removeFromCache() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.Long)

Anyone run into this

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2014

Are both users in the same directory? The script is not smart enough to deal with multiple directories or duplicate usernames that may exist in multiple directories. I generally run sql to see what the script is seeing.

Jasen Sparacino July 9, 2014

I was already working on that. In the 5.X it did work that way. The user is in AD and the orher is in JIRA internal. I am going to remove the AD account, create another with the correct spelling on the internal. I'll let you know if that works and thanks for the help.

Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2014

If you have access to the db, I'd have a look at things before making any changes. cwd_user is the table to look at. The Script Runner script expects user_name to be unique, even though duplication is perfectly legal in the Jira schema as long as users are in different directories. I've never known the rename/merge user script to work when users are in different directories, though.

Suggest an answer