When to manually set "Remaining time"?

Pietros November 29, 2014

When logging work, I see I can "reduce estimate" or "set" it. But how is that different from setting "Remaining" time? Is the only difference than no time is logged, just decreased (i.e. in case of clear overestimation)?

1 answer

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2014

Scrum totally relies on what is the actual remaining estimate rather that the original estimate (that was the way earlier project management used to work). The time spent on a issue is not a factor in deciding how much work is remaining in that issue. Which means, every time you log work, you are doing an estimate and putting that value manually in the remaining estimate.

Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2014

mmh, if there is no remaining time, the time spend does not become visible as remaining time. The time spend reduces the remaining time.

Suggest an answer