When my warranty or licence expires from my assets in jira?

Johannes November 22, 2017

Hello, 

can somebody tell me how to use ScriptRunner for changing the status automatically in Jira? I have created a custom field called "licence end" with type date.

For example: If my software licence expires in a 1 month i want to change the status of my issue into "Licence expires". From there i want to run a postfunction and create a new Ticket.

How can i realise that?

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Yelamos [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2017

Okay Johannes, hold onto your horses cause this isn't very simple.

Step 1

You can create a field with your expiration day. That field could be visible or hidden.

Step 2

You need to also create a new state in your workflow with a name that is "LICENSE EXPIRED" or something like that.

Step 3

Afterwards, you create a scripted job, that scripted job should scan your project for the issues that are of your type, check the date, and then transition your issue into that new state.

Step 4

Within the transition to your "LICENSE EXPIRED" state, you should have your sendEmail postfunction, and the createAndClone issue postfunction so that you can get your email and the new issue.

Once all that's done, you should have what you want.
This might be a bit hard to setup mind you.

Hope this helped!

Do say if I can help you further.

Cheers

Dyelamos

Suggest an answer