When it comes to the JIRA Connector, why is every user forced to log in?

Patrick Pellegrino April 28, 2023

Problem: I have created an application that creates/edits JIRA tickets via a flow being called that was created outside the application. It came time to share the application with other persons in my department so they could test/etc. I made them owners of the jira flows and shared the application with them but when they tried to access the app they were presented with the below:

ppell_0-1682716688470.png

Something else tried was I circled up our IT/Help Desk so we could add the application to our Azure AD and explicitly share the JIRA Connection with the AppID, but with no success. 

Right now I simply want to be able to share the application/flows with desired users without them having to fill out the JIRA creds outlined above as I hope this is not paradigm. Big picture is our company is becoming more and more reliant on JIRA and our development endeavors will grow, making this issue a real pain.

Once again, any thoughts/help would be very much appreciated 🙇‍

Thank you,
-P

1 answer

0 votes
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2023

@Patrick Pellegrino 

Welcome to community!

the reason would be because  is for the actions you are having do, creating and editing it requires users to have accounts in jira. So without them signing it it can’t verify their identity 

best,

clark 

Patrick Pellegrino May 1, 2023

Thank you for your response Clark.

I'm confused because I am only calling the power automate flow from the power app and I have made the other users an owner of the flow, so I would think they would be able to just start using the app and if that flow is called it would be under my credentials versus them being stoned walled and forced to log in. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events