When does JIRA strike through an issue?

It seems that issues are not consistently stroked through when resolved across all JIRA. It shows ok in Agile boards but it doesn't show up stroke through on other areas of the application. How does JIRA identify issues that will be stroked through?

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
2 votes

It happens when a resolution is set on the issue. Note that resolution and resolved status are different. Check out

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOCSPRINT/Resolved,+Resolution+and+Resolution+Date

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Resolutions+Are+Not+Set

I understand the difference between "Resolved" status and the resolution field. It is set. I have tested this in both JIRA Cloud and Server and in both cases the issue key is not stroke through even though the issue is in a "Resolved" status and the resolution field has been set. Can you verify this in your instance? I'm testing this in JIRA Server 6.2.7 and JIRA Cloud and I'm getting the same results in both.

It works fine for me. Maybe you can add a screenshot?

Here is the screenshot.

JIRA Resolution set issues not stroke through.PNG

If you are looking at the issue navigator, they won't appear as strike-through. But if you are seeing those issues in the list of linked issues or inside a comment, they will be stroked through.

I understand now. This is the expected behavior then. Thanks.

Is it suppose to be when the resolution field has a value.   Unresolved value is really an empty field.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 16, 2018 in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

77 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you