It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

When does JIRA strike through an issue?

It seems that issues are not consistently stroked through when resolved across all JIRA. It shows ok in Agile boards but it doesn't show up stroke through on other areas of the application. How does JIRA identify issues that will be stroked through?

2 answers

1 accepted

It happens when a resolution is set on the issue. Note that resolution and resolved status are different. Check out

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOCSPRINT/Resolved,+Resolution+and+Resolution+Date

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Resolutions+Are+Not+Set

I understand the difference between "Resolved" status and the resolution field. It is set. I have tested this in both JIRA Cloud and Server and in both cases the issue key is not stroke through even though the issue is in a "Resolved" status and the resolution field has been set. Can you verify this in your instance? I'm testing this in JIRA Server 6.2.7 and JIRA Cloud and I'm getting the same results in both.

Like Eino Gourdin likes this

It works fine for me. Maybe you can add a screenshot?

Here is the screenshot.

JIRA Resolution set issues not stroke through.PNG

If you are looking at the issue navigator, they won't appear as strike-through. But if you are seeing those issues in the list of linked issues or inside a comment, they will be stroked through.

I understand now. This is the expected behavior then. Thanks.

Is it suppose to be when the resolution field has a value.   Unresolved value is really an empty field.

Upvote.

The original question had already identified the inconsistency of the strikethrough in various areas of the application.

The question was, "How does JIRA identify issues that will be stroked [sic] through?"  The answer, as provided by @Norman Abramovitz here, is that the Resolution field gets populated.  That is, it starts out blank and is updated manually, via script, or via workflow, which causes the application to show strikethrough in those screens where it does that.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

342 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you