When do we change 'My Changes' to default to 'Notify Me'

Currently when creating new accounts, we see that 'My Changes' are defaulted to 'Do not Notify Me'.

I want to know how do we change it when we create and also how do we change it for existing accounts. We want people to be notified of certain issues that are being created.

I know that many will say this will increase the spam, but we've been locking down the notification scheme to reduce emails. However because of the profile settings, this will hamper the notification scheme that we have set up for this purpose.

Please let me know if there are any additional info I can give to come to a correct resolution

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Pan,

If you go to User Management you gonna see on at left side menu the User Preferences option, there you can set the Notify Me settings globally. This is the path for it: https://example.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ViewUserDefaultSettings.jspa

Hope it helps!

Regards,
Marlon

Just to add up, the global settings won't affect existing user preferences. So each user will have to access their profile and set the option to NOTIFY ME.

Thanks so much!

I will notify the existing users in regards to updating their preferences in regards to this

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

593 views 25 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you