When applying quick filter labels how do I work with a field that contains a space?

James Cusack April 16, 2023

I  have used many Jira quick filters effectively. 

However I now want to create a filter that filters with a field that contains a space. 

For example "Found on Vehicle Programme" = "L460 2024MY"

Found on vehicle programme is a compulsory field on the Jira board and when I want to apply the quick filter for the example above I get no return. I think it is due to the space between the L460 and the 2024MY ie "L460 2024MY".

I am not sure what to try next, I have tried _ "" and several other options but still the quick filter will not work. Any suggestions on how to deal with the space please? 

Thank You.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2023

Hi @James Cusack welcome to the community.  The space would not affect the filter providing it is in quotes.  There must be something else in the board filter that is preventing these from showing.  Test your filter out in the search for issues to see if you get a return on the above filter.

James Cusack April 17, 2023

Hi @Craig Nodwell , thank you for the reply and the welcome. 

The filter returns nothing in the search for issues area too. 

I think there may be an issue on the back end. This is the first filter that I haven't been able to activate. (I am using quotes). 

The filter is straight forward enough, it is "Found on Vehicle Programme" = "L460 2024MY"

Where "Found on Vehicle Programme" is a compulsory field "L460 2024MY" is filled by the user. There are of course tickets with this entry on the board. But filtering returns nothing. 

I will keep investigating. Thanks again for replying and offering help. 

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2023

Hi @James Cusack  you can try using the tilde ... this might be a text field.  Try this.
Found on Vehicle Programme" ~ "L460 2024MY"

Like James Cusack likes this

Hello again @Craig Nodwell and for anyone interested or stuck with the same query I have a solution, the fix was to use ~ instead of =.

This worked for me. 

Thank you for your help @Craig Nodwell 

Like Craig Nodwell likes this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 17, 2023

You're welcome, sorry for the delay it kinda hit me late last night that this is probably a text field.

Like James Cusack likes this

Suggest an answer