When a issue changes status through automation, issue transitioned event is not triggered

programmator February 5, 2021

I have a few automation rules in my projects to change status according to branch/pull request events in the project respective BitBucket repository, so that the status of a Story is always synchronized.

For example, when a branch is created the Story status changes from TODO to IN PROGRESS, when a pull request is created the Story status changes from IN PROGRESS to IN REVIEW, when a pull request is merged the Story status changes from IN REVIEW to DONE, and so on.

I also created two rules to change the status of an Epic according to the status of its Stories.

For example, if all Stories from that Epic are DONE, change the Epic status to DONE too, and this is where I'm having problems.

Screenshot_2021-02-05 Settings - Jira.png

As you can see in the image, this automation is triggered when an issue (Story) is transitioned to DONE, but I realized that if the issue was transitioned through automation, the event is not propagated and other automation rules expecting that event are not triggered.

I'm saying this because if I changed the Story status manually in the board and this rule actually worked.

Is there a way to solve this?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2021

Hi @programmator , I suspect this is not the case. Rather I suspect you do not have the other automation rule configured to allow it to execute via another automation rule. When you create a rule there is a checkbox for this. Please check that.

programmator February 5, 2021

You are right. I completely missed it.

Thank you for the support and quick reply!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events