When I filter even I have values assigned to my labels I see an extra row displayed "none"

Gaye March 23, 2023

As you see from the image there is a second row and for the "label" filters I have this none row for all of the issues.Could you help me to solve this issue?

jiraproblem.png

1 answer

0 votes
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2023

Hi @Gaye 

I am not sure but my experience in the past with labels is that one has to exclude "none" (i.e. tickets with no labels).

Try:

project = PL AND ("Launch Status[Labels]" != completed OR "Launch Status[Labels]" is not empty)  

HTH,
KGM

Gaye March 23, 2023

Thanks, Kristján, I just tried that, but it did not change anything. When I export the filter to an excel sheet, those extra rows do not appear. It is only in the filtering screen and in dashboard. 

If I use labels and do the filtering, each issue has an extra none row for only labels, not the other columns. I don't have a "none" named label. 

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2023

Hi @Gaye 

I was hoping maybe those tickets that do not have a label (so "none" or null) would somehow affect this. Worth the try!

Sorry, I am stumped. Does the extra line also appear if you drop the ORDERED BY part?

HTH,
KGM

Gaye March 23, 2023

Yes, they still appear even if I do not have any specific filtering. 

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2023

Sorry, then I am fresh out of ideas :( No! One more. Do you have some funky columns? Or can you try removing all "labels" columns and see how that turns out.

Hope you get this figured out, and when you do, please share that.

Best, KGM

Gaye March 23, 2023

I am not sure what you meant by funky columns. But when I remove the all “label” columns then my view turns normal I do not have that extra row under each issue. It has to do something with labels and I already checked if something is wrong with that issue type. The filtering view has some kind of an error when you want to filter baser on labels. I cannot think of anything else :(

I’ve been searching all over the internet for a solution but haven’t got luck yet! Hope there is one :) Thanks for your help much appreciated. 

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2023

Dang, too bad. I tried filtering on a "labels" type in my instance and added that field as column. I did not get this "none" additional line. Have you tried in another browser? Clear the cache before. Maybe this is some weird cache problem in the browser.

Last step is probably to file a support ticket with Atlassian.

HTH,
KGM

Gaye March 24, 2023

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen I just tried in a different browser, but it still shows the second rows. Also tried cleaning my cache date but did not work as well. 
I will open a support ticket now. Let's see if it is going to be solved quickly!

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 24, 2023

Best of luck!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events