When I click on any Jira task on my Mac a file with name getSyncStatus.dms gets downloaded.

Siva Visveswaran October 21, 2019

We have been using for a long time; This started happening today: when I click on any Jira task on my Mac a file with name getSyncStatus.dms gets downloaded. What is going on and how do I turn this off?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 23, 2019

Hi Siva,

If I understand the problem here, your Jira Cloud site is not loading Jira issues when you click on them, but instead it seems to be downloading this file instead.  I have not been able to replicate this problem, nor have I found any other reports of this happening.

I took a closer look at your Cloud site and I found that you appear to have a few different add-ons here.  One of them is called Exalate Jira Issue Sync.  Perhaps this add-on could be a factor in this behavior.

I would suggest trying to reach out to this vendor directly in their support portal of https://support.idalko.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/8

Perhaps they can better help identify if their add-on might be causing this behavior.  If this doesn't help please let me know.  Perhaps creating a support case with the Atlassian Cloud support team could also help investigate this behavior further.

Regards,

Andy

Siva Visveswaran October 23, 2019

Andy,

Thank you for your prompt and detailed response. The issue was due Exalate. I have disabled/uninstalled it now.

Thanks

Siva

Vans Huang December 15, 2021

Andy, I have similar issue with our Jira instance, can you also help check if any add-on causes to the issue?

Serhiy Onyshchenko December 17, 2021

Hello, @Vans Huang , I'm Serhiy, part of the technical team behind Exalate.
I'd like to know more about the issue, might I ask you to describe, which steps are you taking to get a file like that downloaded?

Hello, @Siva Visveswaran , would you still happen to have one of those .dms files? Is it possible to share one here? If not, would you be open to having a screensharing session with me to further troubleshoot? In case if you'd consider this option, feel free to send an email to support@exalate.com so I could send you a calendly link.

Regards, Serhiy.

Suggest an answer