Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

When I click on a jira email notification It takes me to a bad link site

Below is the error I am getting. 

Wrong Link

You have clicked on an invalid link. Please make sure that you have typed the link correctly. If are copying this link from a mail reader please ensure that you have copied all the lines in the link.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey Community Leader Mar 19, 2021

More info needed...

is this notification coming from native jira or is it possible you are using an add-on email handler? Have you inspected the URL? Can you copy and share here? feel free to obfuscate any private domain. Is this for any/all notifications?

Jack Brickey Community Leader Mar 19, 2021

well that is surely messed up indeed. Is this something new that just started? Have you reindexed? If you are not the system admin for this Server instance I would chat w/ them about this. 

I am the system admin. I plan on reindexing this weekend. I hope it fix the issue. 

The "Wrong Link" thing means that it's a corrupt SendGrid tracked link. Not sure if you need link click tracking in your emails, but you may consider disabling that feature within SendGrid and seeing if it resolves the issue.

@Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority thank you. I am going to check now and update if this is the fix. 

@Jacob Francois were you able to disable the SendGrid Click tracking in Jira Notifications?

I want the tracking OFF too.

Reason: SendGrid is blocked for one of our customers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you