• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • Whats the best way to assign multiple target release ti an issue and allow each release to have different states and/or status

Whats the best way to assign multiple target release ti an issue and allow each release to have different states and/or status

Alan Lirette
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 5, 2012

Allow issues to be targeted toward say v1.0 and v1.5 and v2.0 and at the same time allow each version be indepently pushed through the work flow that would result in each to potentially have different states and/or status'

1 answer

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2012

Not possible OOTB. You could use sub-tasks as a workaround and have the parent item workflow have 'sub-tasks blocking condition'. Each sub-task will have the FixVersion as per the release (in your example 1.0 and 2.0)

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2012

Version hierarchy is for dependency between versions. But in your case you have one issue with corrections for multiple versions following it's own schedule. You can use GH with a main Epic and Stories for each of the versions linked to the Epic.

Alan Lirette
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 6, 2012

Thanks for the reply....what about Green Hopper and using Version Hierarchy ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events