What was the UX problem with the old layout that the new layout is fixing?

Phil Sanderson April 6, 2021

The reason I'm asking is that from my point of view is that it has made the information most developers need to see less accessible (Tempo for instance).  It just seems to have made the whole UI worse

The only good change is it has made comments easier to view which is good as this is a commonly accessed feature but in doing this most other information that needs to be easily viewable has been made harder to access.

1 answer

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2021

Hi @Phil Sanderson ,

You may have seen this, but just in case, this article describes the differences between the new and the old view:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-core-cloud/docs/what-is-the-new-jira-issue-view/

Yeah, I did see that.  None of the things mentioned seem important enough for me as a user for the drastic changes that have been done.  As a developer/programmer most of the information we need to see has been made harder to find.

Also just noticed that comments aren't any easier to access because as soon as you have a decent size description you still need to scroll and the add comment button seems to be missing as well so that makes them harder to access when adding a new comment.

Suggest an answer